The KE-198 is designed for recreational use.
How the KE-198 Sharpener works:
- There are two spring loaded Aluminium Oxide grinding wheels (coarse and fine), which apply a controlled pressure to the blade of the knife.
Please note that this machine is a sealed unit and there are no replacement parts, however, under normal profile use, the sharpening wheels are guaranteed for life.
- The grooves in each section hold the knife at a 15" angle giving you a perfect cutting edge, which is impossible when using a steel.
- The left groove in each section sharpens the right hand side of the knife and the right groove, the left side.
- The knives are sharpened in the coarse section (marked 1) and polished to a razor finish in the fine section (marked 2).
- The KE198 is a precision machine designed to last for many, many years. Even relatively inexpensive knives can be razor sharp IN SECONDS!