Included with your purchase is the machine which is set with fine abrasives (finishing belts), a training DVD and a cleaning brush.
We strongly recommend that you also purchase a pair of medium abrasive belts fitted on carrier wheels (for faster re profiling of knives) and a spare set of fine abrasive belts.
It's set up with a heavy duty motor and transmission and it's the V8 in the range of sharpeners.
How the Nirey KE-280 Sharpener works:
- There are 2 closed-cell rubber covered wheels, each carrying endless Aluminium Oxide abrasive belts.
- The left wheel sharpens the left side of the blade and the right wheel, the right side.
- The cushion contact system produces a razor sharp smooth cutting edge which does not require a honing steel.
- During sharpening, the knife is supported at the correct angle by the central guide.
- Cleaning and replacement of the abrasives is simple, taking less than 1 minute.
- Other than this, no maintenance is required.
- Continuous commercial use
- Simple to use